In 1986, with only one small batch roaster and three employees cooking peanuts, Marion Smith and his son Craig opened the doors to Whitley's Peanut Factory, which still stands as a retail store off Route 17 in Gloucester, VA. Due to high demand, they soon opened a second location in Williamsburg, VA, and a new production facility in Hayes, VA. This year, Whitley's plans to open a third location in Richmond, Va. Thirty one years and millions of peanuts later, Whitley's Peanut Factory has become a local staple for "Home-Cooked" roasted Virginia peanuts and peanut confections. Todd Smith, now president, continues his family's legacy of roasting Virginia peanuts to golden perfection.
The Whitley Difference
Whitley's "Home-Cooked" peanuts have a wonderful, crunchy freshness and distinctive flavor
because our peanuts are still made the old-fashioned way-hand cooked, slowly roasted to perfection.
We choose only the highest quality, super extra-large Virginia peanuts which are hand selected for their size and freshness. Each batch is individually cooked with proven, traditional recipes to ensure the crisp, fresh flavor and unique taste for which our peanuts are famous. We are very proud to have been selected by the National Association for Specialty Food Trade as a Finalist in the Outstanding Hors D'oeuvres or Snack Food category. We offer you only the finest products available and we combine our fine quality with good, quick service.
For over 31 years, Whitley's Peanut Factory has been producing the finest quality gourmet Virginia peanuts on the market. Our delicious "Home-Cooked" peanuts are still hand cooked and slowly roasted to perfection the old-fashioned way. Hand selected for their size (super extra large) and packaged at the peak of their flavor will assure you always receive a fine quality product from Whitley's.
In our first year as a member of the National Association of the Specialty Food Trade (1993) we were selected as a finalist in the Outstanding Hors d'oeuvres or Snack Food Category. We are proud to have been selected as a member of the Virginia's Finest program, which supports
and promotes Virginia manufactured products. The display of the Virginia's Finest logo on our
packaging confirms our status as producers of some of the finest quality products Virginia has to offer.
Five Reasons You Should Choose Whitley's
1. Our products are handmade. Yes, we cook our peanuts by hand and hand dip all of our peanut clusters one at a time with care and attention.
2. Our peanuts are roasted to perfection. Although some things in life aren't perfect, we do our best to make sure each batch is made with the highest quality ingredients and we take our time roasting our peanuts to ensure a crisp, crunchy, and tasty flavor.
3. Our company has been family owned since 1986. Just like our family, we make sure we take care of our customers and community because we truly care about the people we serve.
4. Support a small business. Our communities are filled with small businesses that are committed to customer service because without it we wouldn't survive. We work endlessly from the moment we come up with a new product idea, refining the product, cooking it, packaging it, to selling it in our store or online to ensure we provide our very best product to you. There is so much that goes into it and we enjoy every part of it with the hope that our customers will be happy when they taste our products.
5. Quality guaranteed. Not satisfied with our performance? We will make it up to you. We want you to enjoy our products and if you're not happy with your purchase for any reason, please return the merchandise within 15 days and we will make it up to you! We are humans you know